Decker names mentioned in “History of Sussex and
Compiled by James P. Snell, Everts & Peck:
(From Library of
[Notes from compilation:
Pages 1 – 148 contain overall history of
Pages 149 – 473 contain history & biographies of Sussex Co. N.J.
Pages 474 – 746 contain history & biographies of Warren Co. N.J.
(No Decker entries were listed in the index for the pages in Warren Co.)
The listings below were compiled using the “Index to History
of Sussex and
23 Johannes Decker,
listed in an affidavit of 1785 mentioning the name of the
25 Decker mentioned in names of early
settlers – “probably about 1715 – a number of families came into what was
subsequently called the ‘lower neighborhood,’ and located on either side of the
Neversink, from what is now name Huguenot south to
Port Jervis. These families came from
27 Johannes Decker listed in names of early
27 Decker marriages in
1745, May 12. Solomon Decker, young man. Born on the Caetsbaen [Katsbaan], to Lena Quick, young woman, born at Metschepekouck, and both dwelling at Metschepekouck; married by J.C. Fryenmuth, June 8th.
1747, September 13. Jacob van Campen,
young man, born at Nepenanck, to Rachel Decker, young
woman, born at Niskotack, both living in
1750, January 7. Isaac Middagh, young man, born at Menissink, and dwelling at Teeshacht, to Femmtje Decker, young woman, also born at Menissinck, and dwelling at Shippeconk; married the 16th of February by me, J. C. Fryenmoet.
1750, July 8. Anthony van Etten, young man, born at Nepemack, and dwelling at Namenack, to Annatje Decker, young woman, born at Machackemech, and dwelling there; married the 3d of August by me, J. C. Fryenmoet, aet. 29.
1755, January 26. Alexander Ivory, widower of Myrya Cole, to Jenneke Decker, born at Menissink, and both dwelling at Walpeck; married the 21st of February, by me, J. C. Fryenmoet, aet. 34.
Menissinck (now spelled Minisink), the town or village of that name where Montague is now situated; the church was also called Menissink church. A number of the parties married were born here, and a larger number were residents of the place.
Namenack (now spelled Nomanock), an island in the Delaware; also the old fort built on the main land, opposite the island, during the French war, where stood the old parsonage of Dominie Fryenmoet and some of his successors. Some of the parties married lived here or on the island.
Machackemech, the Indian name of
the Neversink branch of the
30 The following Deckers are listed on the 1739 tax-roll:
Antye Decker 20 £ 15 s. 0 £ 26 s. 8 f.
Petrus Decker 1 10 1 11
Jacob Decker 1 10 1 7
Johanis Jacobse Decker 5 4
Thomas Decker 16 5 1 0 8
Jacobis Decker 6 10 7 8
Hendrik Decker 6 5 8 0
Adries Decker 3 0 3 10
Jacob Decker, Junier 5 4
On reverse of another related paper:
31 Description of settlements in other
“Peter Decker built the first house
in Deckertown, in 1734. He was the son of John Decker, of Minisink, and was among the earliest of pioneers who
crossed the mountains and founded the
42 John Dicker (John Decker in footnote) – his house is mentioned in the Tripartite Deed of July 1719 in laying out the partition line between East & West Jersey, “at the place called Teteudal.”
44 Bower Decker’s house is mentioned in the
field notes of John Lawrence as he surveys the East-West Partition-Line, entry
94 Lieut. Decker mentioned in the description of The Harris Light Calvary, describing Sussex & Warren Counties in the War of the Rebellion:
155 John Decker (of Wantage) is mentioned as being one of the “best men of the county” to which tax notices were sent in 1783, during the close of the Revolution, of which “collecting and paying the heavy taxes promptly were next to impossible.”
160 List of “Members of the Legislature” of Sussex Co.
1816: Peter Decker (Assembly)
1850: Daniel Decker (Assembly)
1854: James L. Decker (Assembly)
1858-1860: Daniel D. Decker (Assembly)
162 List of Sheriffs of
Peter S. Decker, appointed November, 1858. (Served 3 years)
James L. Decker, appointed November 1879. (Present sheriff as of publication)
List of present (1881) Justices of the Peace includes Job J. Decker.
189 Biography of Levi Shepherd includes the following:
Levi Shepherd was born in Frankford township, Sussex Co.,
190 Biography of Simeon M. Coykendall includes the following:
grandfather of Simeon M., was born
Samuel D. Coykendall
Simeon M. Coykendall
was born in Wantage township,
196 Martin Decker is listed as wife of Sarah E. Rosenkrans, daughter of Everitt Rosenkrans and his second wife Elizabeth (Miller) Buss. Birth date of Sarah is not given, but next younger is subject of the biography (Martin Rosenkrans, born Sept. 11, 1840).
201 Sheriff Decker is mentioned in the
execution of Frederick Crill, who was hanged at
230 Job J. Decker is listed as a current officer (for 1881) of the Sussex County Mutual Insurance Company. Peter S. Decker served twice on the executive committee (1872-1874 and 1874-1879) of this company.
260 Peter S. Decker appears on the list of
principal officers for the town of
261 Peter S. Decker is listed as the Street Commissioner in 1868.
270 D.F. Decker is listed as an officer for
1881 of the Harmony Lodge, no. 23. in
283 Thomas Decker is listed as a member of the
Fire Patrol for
285 The following are listed as being members
of the first company raised in
Muster Roll of Union Company, A Regiment 4th Brigade:
#63 Sylvester Decker
#64 Hiram Decker
#73 Richard Decker
#89 Edward Decker
289 Early Settlements – Wantage
“The first white settler of whom any
authentic facts are known was Peter Decker, who came from the Neversink settlement in 1740 and chose a spot of ground
where now stands the growing
Also: “ Moses Coykendall was born in 1767, and came early to the township. He married Hannah, daughter of Samuel Decker, and had many children. The late Simeon Coykendall, attorney, of Deckertown, was his grandson. Many representatives of the family still reside in the township.”
291 Samuel Shelley came from
293 The following are members of the civil list of Wantage:
1852-53; James Decker; Township Clerk
1855; B. W. Decker, Township Clerk
1859; James Decker; Township Clerk
1856-58; Peter S. Decker, Collector
1860; James Decker; Justice of the Peace
1865; James Decker; Justice of the Peace
1866; James Decker; Surveyors of Highways
294 Description of Deckertown:
“This enterprising village – the principal business centre of a territory many miles in extent – is situated 15 miles northeast of the county seat. The Midland Railroad passes within its limits, and since its construction has added greatly in the development of the place.
The settlement of the village
recalls a period as early as 1740, and possibly earlier, though no authentic
facts prior to that date are obtainable.
In the latter part of the seventeenth century a band of French
Protestants who had, on account of their religious faith, suffered exile and
chosen a refuge among the hospitable Hollanders, emigrated
One of their number, by descent a
Hollander, whose name was Peter Decker, passed over the Blue Mountain range on
a pilgrimage in search of fertile land upon which to settle, having determined
to leave the Neversink colony and form the nucleus of
an independent colony. He descended into
the valley now the
The hamlet made but tardy progress for a series of years, and little is known of its history. A grandson of Peter Decker, Samuel by name, early during the present century built a log tavern near the present location of Andrew Quick’s blacksmith-shop, and of which the present Warner House is the offspring. Peter Decker later built a tavern on the site now occupied by the Dickerson Block. It was a frame building, and was afterwards purchased by Soferein Westfall; and Dr. Vibbert, a man of considerable enterprise in his day, finally became owner, after which it was sold, but was consumed by fire the night previous to the purchaser’s intended occupancy. Samuel Decker then built the present Warner House, which has since its erection been frequently remodeled and had many landlords.”
294 John B. Decker listed as being a member of
the first board of directors of The Farmers’ National Bank of Deckertown, established
295 Coe Decker listed as one of the previous owners of Lafayette Fuller’s Grist Mill, who sold it to the current owner (1881).
J. Emerson Decker is listed as a current officer for 1881 of the Samaritan Lodge, No. 98, Free and Accepted Masons.
298 Frederick and Bowdewine
Decker signed the petition establishing
300 E. M. Decker is listed as an elder during
the ministry of Rev. Mr. Kanouse of the
Listed under the Third Presbyterian Church of Wantage, the following passage: “In connection with the results of these successive pastorates should be mentioned the efforts of two elders of devoted piety, John Smith and Broderick Decker, whose fidelity and sincerity, as exemplified in personal pleading with the people and visitations from house to house, were greatly appreciated.” Dates for these successive pastorates were not explicitly given but would be approximately 1855-1865.
301 “The last census of 1880 returns the names of the following citizens of Wantage who have attained advanced years:”
Harriet E. Decker – 72
Luke R. Decker – 71
John B. Decker – 76
Nelson Decker – 66
Eliza Decker – 68
Halsey Decker – 69
William Decker – 69
302 Under “Early Exploits at Deckertown”
“The following incident is related as having occurred at the tavern kept by Samuel Decker at an early day. On a certain evening a man was seen riding towards the upper end of the tavern-stoop. The horse was a light sorrel in color, with a bald face. The knight rode up to the stoop, and made his horse step upon it. He then rode past the kitchen to the bar-room door, thence he turned and rode into the bar-room, and was seen no more from the street. On entering, he advanced with his steed to the bar. Meanwhile, the barkeeper and proprietor was stooping down in the act of replenishing his bottle from the barrel, and, having his back turned, did not observe what was progressing. With a kind of neighing voice the knight from his horse called for a drink. The barkeeper looked up, and suddenly encountered the nose of the steed. He considered this as a challenge, and sprang through a side door to a wood-pile with the intention of grasping an axe with which to kill the horse. Some of his friends, deeming this unwise, detained him as he was returning with the weapon.
The horse was with difficulty ejected from the house, when suddenly a band of pugilists poured from the bar-room and swarmed upon the stoop. Oaths and imprecations rose, and clenched fists flew, till dark night drew a curtain over the turbulent scene.
The design of this affray, as proved afterwards in court was to provoke the tavernkeeper to kill the horse, in the bar-room, and then to open the animal, stuff the innkeeper into the cavity, and sew him up, leaving only the head protruding, after which they purposed using the bottles at will and departing in triumph.
This outrage upon the common
decencies of society was not originated by the denizens of Deckertown,
but was the offspring of the fertile brains of what were called in those days liners.
They dwelt upon the State line between
305-306 – Appears the biography of John B. Decker, descendent of Peter Decker who founded Deckertown. This biography appears under stories on the deckerjourney.com website, with picture:
“The first white man to enter the precincts of what is now Wantage township, in Sussex County, was Peter Decker, a Hollander by descent, who left the Neversink settlement about the year 1740, and, passing over the Kittatinny or Blue Mountain, pursued his search after suitable land upon which to effect a permanent settlement. His choice fell upon the present site of the village of Deckertown, where, amid tall forest-trees, murmuring brooks, and the solemn silence of a vast solitude, he erected the first dwelling built by a white man in that section. Here he passed his days engaged in clearing up land and tilling the soil, enduring the trials and privations of pioneer life. He was the great-grandfather of the subject of this sketch.
“Josiah, son of Peter Decker, was also an early resident of Wantage township. He lived at the "Clove," and operated the first grist-mill at that point, besides engaging in farming to a considerable extent. To himself and wife, Sarah, were born five children - namely, Bowdewine, Abraham, William, Fametje, and Margaret. The sons lived and died in Wantage. Fametje became the wife of Ephraim Kilpatrick, grandfather of Gen. Judson Kilpatrick, and Margaret married Seth Wickham.
Decker was one of the strong men of Wantage township in early times. He was born
“John B. Decker was born on the paternal farm, on the date indicated above, and is one of the oldest and most highly esteemed citizens of the township. His earlier years were passed upon his father's farm, but his labors were mostly directed to the tanning business. In 1824 he took up his residence at his father's mill, and continued to co-operate with his father in the management of his affairs. In 1845 he removed to the family homestead, and worked the farm, and a few years later it was deeded to him by his father. Here he has continued to reside since, the property now, however, belonging to his son-in-law, Jacob Swartwout.
“Mr. Decker has devoted his entire
life to agricultural operations, and has long been a representative farmer in Wantage township. He has
owned a large estate, some of which is still preserved to him, but, though of
good business qualifications and of excellent judgment, he has lost no less
than eighty thousand dollars during his life by indorsements
for friends, and because of his generous heart and liberal spirit. He now
owns the mill at the Clove, a farm of one hundred and fifty acres near by, one
hundred acres in Montague township, a small farm in
“Mr. Decker has now reached the
mature age of seventy-eight years, and is well preserved, and in full
possession of all his faculties. He is a man of strict integrity,
possesses the confidence of many friends, and is a contributor to the Clove
Presbyterian Church. A Republican in politics, he has never been an
aspirant after place. He has been twice married. His first wife was
Sarah, daughter of William and Elizabeth Decker, to whom he was united on April
24, 1824, and who bore him the following children, - viz., Wlliam
(deceased); Naomia E. (deceased); Elizabeth
(deceased), wife of Jansen H. Beemer; Mary (deceased); Bowdewine
(deceased); Daniel W., who died from disease contracted in the army in the late
Rebellion; and Emma R., wife of Judson J. Wickham, of
Craigville, Orange Co., N.Y. Mr. Decker's
second wife was Charity M. Kilpatrick, whom he married on
308 Biographical sketch of Evi
De Witt, grandson of Jacob and Leah De Witt.
Evi’s father, Moses De Witt & his wife
Margaret had 13 children, including Evi (born
309 Continuing the biography of Evi De Witt, John L. Decker is listed as married to Lucy S.
De Witt, born
322 Under historical narratives of early settlers of Walpack, Sussex Co., N.J.
“Among the early residents of Walpack were the Deckers, who
have left numerous descendents still residing in the township. Daniel Decker, born at Machhackemack,
Daniel Decker located on part of the old Schoonover and Brink purchase, at Decker’s Ferry, which he is believed to have established soon after his settlement there. His sons, Henry, Thomas, Aaron, and John, became farmers in Walpack and died in the township. Aaron was a justice of the peace and a chosen freeholder for a number of years. Henry was a soldier in the war of 1812, as was also his son, Henry, Jr. John carried on the ferry and established a blacksmith-ship in the vicinity.
Levitt B. Bristoll, who married one of John Decker’s daughters, kept one of the first stores at Flatbrookville. Most of the Deckers now residing in Walpack are the descendents of Thomas, the second son of Daniel Decker. The ferry which bears their name has been in the hands of the family uninterruptedly for more than a hundred years.
Mrs. Jonas Smith, a daughter of
Thomas Decker, now living in Walpack, recollects
hearing her mother relate that many years ago William Hill, with his wife and
two children, came down the Delaware in a canoe, en route from Kingston, and
landed one evening at her father’s, who then resided on the Delaware at
‘Fiddler’s Elbow,’ where William Hull now lives. Mr. Hill and his family spent the night with mr. Decker, and in the morning
presented Mrs. Decker in return for her hospitality, a wooden butter-bowl,
which was until lately in the keeping of Mrs. Smith. Mr. Hill bought 500 acres of land above Flatbrookville, on a portion of which Sarah, widow of Uriah Hill, now resides.
William Hill died in the summer of 1844, at an advanced age, leaving
sons – Andrew, Nehemiah, uriah,
David, and Enos.
Uriah and Enos have
a number of descendents in the township, Andrew in
325 List of persons in Walpack, as of June 1880, who were over 65 years of age:
Daniel D. Decker (74); Mary Decker (72); Calvin Decker (70); Margaret Decker (70)
326 Jacob S. Decker is listed as a teacher in the old Pompey District.
327 Peter Decker listed as Justice for Walpack in 1764, 1765.
Aaron Decker listed as Freeholder in Walpack 1807, 1808, 1814-1818
John Decker Sr. listed as Freeholder in Walpack 1819
Joseph Decker listed as Freeholder in Walpack 1820
Calvin Decker listed as Freeholder in Walpack 1847-1848, 1859-1860, 1869-1870
328 Reformed Dutch
330 Villages & Hamlets of Walpack – Flatbrookville:
“Thomas Durling built and opened the first store in Flatbrookville about 1818, and soon after sold it to Frederick Vaticken. Crynus Bloom, who married Blandina, daughter of Thomas Decker, built and kept the first hotel, some years later. About 1818, John Decker built a blacksmith-shop. In 1835, Benjamin Hull and Jacob Smith erected a clover-mill and sawmill, and for a number of years did a prosperous business. Jacob Smith was the first postmaster of the place.”
Also: “ The Flatbrookville Delaware Bridge Company was chartered in
1869 by an act passed by the Legislature of Pennsylvania and confirmed by the
Legislature of New Jersey. The charter
named four commissioners in Pennsylvania, and three in New Jersey, the latter
being David Bunnell, Calvin Decker, and Martin
Hull. The capital stock of the company
was placed at $15,000 with power to increase.
This enterprise contemplated the erection of a very important bridge
352 Under description of Glenwood,
“The Falls” furnished the power for the first gristmill built in the township. The tract – a square of ten acres – was conveyed by Delancy and Cuyler to Denn Decker by deed bearing date May 31, 1774, and is described as follows: “Lying on both sides of a brook called and known by the name of Pochunck Brook, on the south side of a mountain called by the same name, including a place about a quarter of a mile above Denn Decker’s called The Falls.”
The adjoining lands were surveyed to
James Drummond Lundin, Earl of Perth,
Decker property referred to in the deed is the next farm below on the
mill-stream, now in possession of the
365 William H. Decker listed as Freeholder of Montague Township for 1876-1879.
368 Affidavit by Johannis Decker:
“The following document will be of special interest to the residents of Montague, from the fact that it gives an Indian Name for the Delaware River not known in the local annals (the Johannis Decker referred to lived on the farm now owned by Simon Westfall):
“Johannis Decker’s Affidavit
Decker being Duly sworn deposeth and Saith That he was born at Rochester, is now Seventy-one or
Seventy-two years of age Lived since he was a suckling child at Mohaghcamake, - he was well acquainted with the Indians and
their Language from a Child, - that he was well acquainted with the fishkill so called by the Dutch people, and by the English
people Delaware, by the Indians Lamasepose That is fishkill, That he has always understood from the Indians,
young and Old that the left hand or West Branch at Shohacan
carried up the name of the Lamasepose to the head of
it, and the Reason why they gave the Deponent was because there was great
numbers of Maskunamack (that is Bass), and Guwam (that is shad) went up that Branch, & but few or
non went up the East Branch. That he has
also heard from Daniel Cole that he had been up the fishkill
so far that he could jump over with a walking stick and that he the Deponent
had understood that this was the West Branch.
That this Transaction was before the Former Tryal
Johannis X Decker
Sworn this 23d day of Decr., 1785, before me
Solomon Cuykendal, J. P.
A true copy from the Original
369 “During a trial held before Soferyne Westbrook, in February, 1810, the following jurors, citizens of Montague, were impaneled: Roger Clark, Jesse Reanolds, William Cole, John Kelsey, Everitt Van Auken, Samuel D. Westfall, Julius Foster, Stephen Doolittle, James McGown, James Stoll, Isaac Everitt, Isaac Compton. Christopher Decker was summoned as a witness, Trask McCormick having, as constable, delivered the subpoena.”
384 Township of Stillwater, Sussex Co., Edward S. Decker listed as “Chosen Freeholder” in 1880.
389 List from June 1880 of those aged sixty-five and upwards includes Lewis Decker, 65.
393 Record of marriages (1782-1799) performed by Squire Francis Price in Frankford Township, Sussex Co., include: “1791, April 24. – Then I married Michael Decker to Phebe Simer;”
394 Alanson O. Decker is listed as a
Freeholder for the
402C In biography of Abram C. Van Auken, John Decker is listed as a brother-in-law as part of the listing of the father of the subject:
“Elijah [Van Auken],
born Oct. 23, 1759], father of our subject, was wounded at the time his brother
Jeremiah was killed; their mother escaped by concealing herself in a
ditch. [The previous paragraph describes
how Jeremiah, a school teacher of Minisink, was
killed by the Indians under Brant at the time of the Neversink
massacre.] He married Caterine Cole, of Minisink,
405 History of Sparta Township, Sussex Co., N.J.:
“Henry Decker is supposed to have
come from Deckertown in 1795 and located on a portion
“Mr. Decker joined with Nelson Hunt
and Lewis Sherman in introducing Sparta, in 1836, the manufacture of anchors,
having, however, carried on a forge there for some years previous to that time
in company with Mr. Sherman. He owned a
farm on the
408 Township organization of
Also listed on this pages as follows:
Assessors include J. L. Decker in 1851-1854, 1859-1866, 1873-1876, and J. Decker in 1872.
Collectors include J. L. Decker 1877-78.
Chosen Freeholders include James Decker in 1847, James L. Decker in 1857 and 1858, and John Decker in 1863, 1864-66, and 1867-70.
409 Schools in
412 Under the
“In 1827, Robert Sinai, of
“In 1854, James Decker and his son
James L. (now sheriff of
415 In June 1880, the list of those aged
sixty-five and upwards living in
424 The hamlet of Hainesville
in the norhter portion of
424B Biography of John D. Everitt,
born in Montague township on
“While engaged in procuring
subscribers for his school, he met, at the house of Alexander Ennes, Roanna Decker, daughter of
Daniel Decker, whom he married on
first wife died on
Collectors: J. J. Decker 1863-65, and 1871-75.
Freeholders: Aaron N. Decker, 1841; Job J. Decker 1868, 1869-70
447 Andover Township, Sussex Co., N.J., list of aged people in June, 1880 includes in its list of those sixty-five years of age and over: Anna Decker, 74.
465 Byram Township,
Sussex Co., N.J. – Stanhope Methodist Episcopal Church states “among the
earliest pastors the names of only Revs. Decker, Lawhead,
and John Scarlet
can be recalled. The church was
466 The organization of the First Presbyterian Church of Stanhope, N.J. petition was signed by twenty-seven persons, including: Margaret Decker (wife of F.)
469 The list of people of Byram Township, Sussex Co., N.J. aged sixty-five and older , include the following: William Decker, 65.
Edited by Virginia Alleman Brown
Printed for Clearfield Company by Genealogical Publishing Co., 1992
CA65 (p. 5) Estate of Francis Price
Location: Franford Tp. And Wantage Tp.
Part of estate to Aubah Goble –
CB214 (p. 36) Estate of Henry Decker
Location: Walpack Tp., 4 tracts along the
Flat Brook and the
Petitioner: Aaron D. Decker
In right of: 1/8 of 100 acres.
Heirs-at-law and relationship to deceased, if shown:
Abraham Decker Heirs of John Decker, deceased
Aaron D. Decker Elijah Decker
Daniel Decker Heirs of Mary Smith
Andrew D. Decker Cornelia Van Campen
CB225 (p. 36) Estate of Abraham Decker
Location: Walpack Township., adjoining Aaron Decker, Jacob Smith, and estate of Henry Decker, deceased, 22 acres.
Heirs-at-law and relationship to deceased, if shown:
Petition to divide as tenants in common, between:
Abraham Decker – ½
Heirs of John Decker, deceased – ½
SA172 (p. 62-63) Estate of James Morrow
Location: Hardyston Tp., several lots, one on South side of Road from Sparta Church to Hopewell Forge, between James Lulum’s mill (Grist) and Dan Hurd’s ford along the Wallkill, West of Sinas New Forge, and adjoining Eleanor Decker near confluence of Byram Br. And a house called “The Shades”.
Heirs-at-law and relationship to deceased, if shown:
Dower of widow, Jane Morrow, set off, p. 172, map 173
Jane Cory, Nee Morrow Elizabeth Miller
Robert Morrow, deceased Heirs of Josiah Vance, deceased
James Morrow Margaret McClennen, nee Morrow
William Morrow Elenor Decker, nee Morrow
George Morrow Hester Youngs, nee Morrow
Heirs of Robert
George Morrow Vance, deceased
Rebecca Drake Elias Vance
Margaret Rohrbach Hila Vance
Elizabeth Morrow Nancy (Ann) Vance
Henrietta O. Morrow
Remarks: Land had been surveyed to Anthony Sharp, 1750.
SA196 (p. 64) Estate of John Decker
Heirs-at-law and relationship to deceased, if shown: Children, some are minors under 21.
Peter Decker Belinda Decker
Abraham Decker Jane Decker
Lalache Bristol, nee Decker, w/o L. B. Bristol Aaron Decker
Sarah, nee Decker, w/o Joseph Haney
Recorded: November Term, 1827
SA235 (p 66) Estate of
Heirs-at-law and relationship to deceased, if shown: some minors under 21.
Elisha Ayers Heirs of Elizabeth Dunning, deceased
Harriot Ayers Patty Decker
SA249 (p. 67) Estate of John Decker
Heirs-at-law and relationship to deceased: Daughters.
Sarah Decker ) Both minors,
Elenor Decker ) under 21
SA315 (p. 71) Estate of
Recorded: January Term, 1833
SB127 (p. 86) Estate of Simon Decker
Heirs-at-law and relationship to deceased, if shown:
Henry Decker Ann Decker
John Decker Simon Decker
SB316 (p. 101) Estate of John S. Beemer
SB460, SB465 (p. 110) Estate of Josiah Decker
Petitioner: John Loomes
In right of: Wife, Mary
Heirs-at-law and relationship to deceased: Children, devisees.
Mary Decker, w/o John Loomis
Jane Decker )
Frederick Decker ) minors, under 21
James Decker )
Margaret Ann Decker )
Division subject to widow’s dower, mentions dwelling house where Robert Evers formerly lived. Dower, SB465, Hannah, widow of Josiah Decker, now Hannah Schoonover. Dower included Store House, Wagon House and Cow House, and all the orchard.
Remarks: Lands variously conveyed to Josiah: - Soferine DeWitt and wife; George Baxter, etc.
SB471 (p. 111) Estate of Stephen Alward
Petitioner: Mordecai Willson, Jr.
Heirs-at-law and relationship to deceased: Children 1/7 each.
Ruth Overton (Overtine?), w/o Gabriel Overton.
Caroline Matilda Alward
Phebe Willson, w/o Mordecai Willson
Isaac Alward, a minor, under 21
David Alward, a minor, under 21
John A. Alward
The house to Tuttle Alward, purchased of the widow, Nancy Decker.
SC4 (p. 112) Estate of Johnathan Moore
Location: Road from Deckertown to Independence and corner of Wykertown road, adjoining dwelling occupied by John Decker, Joel Decker, and a small saddle and harness shop.
SC10 (p. 112) Estate of Jacob Casad
SC104 (p. 118) Estate of Dr. Samuel Fowler
Location: Near Franklin Furnace, on road from Sam’l Lyons to Snufftown above Fowler’s Mill on the Wallkill, adjoining Abram Jane, Elias Ogden, et al.
Divided as follows:
(17 divisions include:)
(10, 11, 12) John
Fowler, conveyed by Ayers & Decker to Dr. Sam., designated on division of
Elias Ogden as lot #11. (11) part of Wild Cat Meadow, adjoining
SC119 (p. 119) Estate of John Wyker (Investate)
(9) John Wyker – Part of land called Decker Lot, conveyed by Philip Wyker to John Wyker,
(5, 10) Huldah Crane – on road form Wyker Tavern to Beemersville, adjoining Michael Decker and Rob’t Armstrong.
SC374 (p. 131) Estate of Amos Titsworth (Intestate)
Location: along the Clove Kill, adjoining Amos Decker, et al.
Dated: May, 1856
SC249 (p. 133) Estate of Michael P. Quick